Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Best. Article. So Far.

I stop reading Seattle's weekly freebie The Stranger about a week before I leave for India. This is because I once tried taking one with me to prevent homesickness, but reading about local shows and happenstances didn't make me feel much of anything, actually. I was way more interested in the world in front of me. That being said, I crave the written word (in English) and storyline, so I seek out news of the world. I still check in on the Seattle Times, but I try to get some of my daily info through the local newspapers. Most of what I read has nothing to do with me, especially the politically expressive Times of India, with it's coverage of National events and figureheads. Some news beyond the Motherland filters in, and often there is a slant to the writing or selective re-reporting via the internet allows for the sensational tidbits to represent all you need to know about what goes on over THERE. My favorite is the smaller Star of Mysore, the local offer combining the best of the Times and the Weekly World News. You heard me right, the 'bat-boy' rag. This is what I found on day three here.


I don't even know what to say about this one.

aeryk

1 comment:

Russ the Librarian said...

Must be one of Hugo Chavez's lesser-known Marxist ideas: mime control.

Actually, from what I'm given to understand about South American traffic, I'd say those mimes have got a tough and dangerous job.