Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What'cha gonna do, what'cha gonna do when they come for you...

        
On the road with law enforcement in Mysore, India. 
Last year the cops showed up at this place across the street from us in a bus, the guy in the striped shirt had none, the upstairs windows were smashed out, a demented grandpa held the secret whereabouts of a fugitive, and a dead body still lay in the living room. This year they have toned it down a bit. It's helpful to step away from something and get a fresh perspective, or allow for changes to arise in that which is seen and create a new relationship to it. Who are we when we look in the mirror unchanged? Even a day affords a lifetime of catalyst to set in if allowed. Although my own practice suffered in many ways this past year, I can also feel a re-bonding to where I left off with myself, and haven't lost ground in the big picture. Today we held our ankles in our backbends, just like the day before, and every day feels new, every glance in the mirror a different visage reflecting the newest Now. What does this have to do with the cops? Not much. Except the family is still grieving and sometimes we need help sorting things out. I am thankful for this mixed experience in a crazy time in my life, and I am already changed, again.

aeryk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Aeryk and Vivian! I am enjoying your writings and so glad to hear you made it there! I think about you often in the morning on my mat and hope to see you again soon!